Statements & Speeches
- The Statement of the Belarusian Delegation Following the Results of the Adoption of UN GA Resolution Entitled “Sport for peace and development: building a peaceful and better world through sport and the Olympic ideal”, New York, November 6, 2013 (in Russian)
- The Statement of the Representative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Belarus Ms.Tatsiana Leshkova within the Discussion in the UN GA on Elimination of Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenophobia and Related Intolerance, New York, November 5, 2013 (in Russian)
- Statement by Mr. Aleksandr Mikhnevich, First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Belarus, during the round table discussion “Twenty years of renunciation of nuclear weapons by Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine: lessons learned and prospects for nuclear disarmament”, New York, October 10, 2013
It is a great honour for me to open this round table discussion, commemorating 20 years of renunciation of nuclear weapons by Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine
- Statement by Mr.Valentin Rybakov, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Belarus, at High-Level Dialogue on International Migration and Development of the United Nations General Assembly, New York, October 3, 2013
Deputy Minister Rybakov: Belarus is interested in fostering international cooperation on migration issues at bilateral, regional and global levels.
- Statement by Mr.Vladimir Makei, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Belarus, during the General Debate of the United Nations General Assembly, New York, 28 September 2013
Minister Makei: I begin with a simple question: what is the contemporary world’s key dilemma? I believe it is that mankind fails to follow in its societal evolution the pace at which globalisation proceeds. We are constantly lagging behind. What is more, our failure to adjust fast and effectively generates an array of problems – political, economic, social
- Statement by Mr. Vladimir Makei, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Belarus, during the Conference on Facilitating the Entry into Force of the Comprehensive Nucleartest-Ban Treaty, New York, 27 September 2013
Makei: Let me express my gratitude to the co-chairs of the Conference and to the Provisional Technical Secretariat for the work done to prepare the Conference and to agree upon its draft final declaration, which we support
- Statement by Mr. Vladimir Makei, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Belarus, during the Non-Aligned Movement Ministerial Meeting, New York, 27 September 2013
Makei: The key question tormenting the Non-Aligned Movement for more than half a century has been how to convert the power of numbers into tangible results
- Statement by Mr. Vladimir Makei, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Belarus, during the High-Level Meeting of the General Assembly on Nuclear Disarmament (September 26, 2013, New-York)
Makei: I am honoured to speak today at the first ever high-level meeting of the General Assembly on nuclear disarmament that was convened at the initiative of the Non-Aligned Movement. The Belarusian delegation associates itself with the statement made by the President of Iran on behalf of the NAM
- Statement by His Excellency Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Belarus Mr. Vladimir Makei in the high-level meeting of the UN General Assembly to follow up efforts made towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals (September 25, 2013, New-York)
- Statement by Mr.Alexander Guryanov, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Belarus, during the High-Level Conference of Middle-Income Countries in San-Jose, Costa-Rica, June 12, 2013
- Statement by Mr.Alexander Guryanov, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Belarus, during a mourning ceremony at the memorial complex Jama, Minsk, May 30, 2013 (in Russian)
- Statement by Mr.Alexander Mikhnevich, First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Belarus, at PSI High Level Political Meeting, Warsaw, May 28, 2013
In July 2013 Belarus will mark the 20th anniversary of accession to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons as a non-nuclear State
- The speech of Ms.Alena Kupchyna at the Opening of the VIII Belarusian International Media Forum Partnership for the Future: Historical and Cultural Heritage as a Factor of Unity May 22, 2013, Minsk.
- Final Remarks by Mr.Vladimir Makei, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Belarus, at the Regional Conference «The Middle-Income Countries Perspective on Sustainable Development in CIS, Eastern and Southern Europe»
- Statement by Mr.Valentin Rybakov, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Belarus, at the UN General Assembly High-level Meeting to appraise the progress in implementation of the Global Plan of Action to Combat Trafficking in Persons, New York, May 13, 2013 (in Russian)
- Statement by the Spokesperson for the UN Secretary-General: 27 years after the Chernobyl Disaster
As we today mark 27 years after the Chernobyl disaster, we honour the emergency workers who risked their lives responding to the accident, the more than 330,000 people uprooted from their homes and the millions of people living in contaminated areas who have long been traumatized by lingering fears about their health and livelihoods. The countless women, men and children affected by radioactive contamination must never be forgotten.
- Joint Press Release of the Permanent Mission of the Republic of Belarus to the United Nations, Permanent Mission of the Russian Federation to the United Nations, Permanent Mission of Ukraine to the United Nations: 27 years after Chernobyl disaster: cooperation for sustainable development
Twenty seven years ago the world witnessed one of the worst disasters in the history of the mankind. The Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant disaster, that occurred on April 26, 1986, led to the loss of human lives, contamination of territories, huge number of displaced persons and loss of livelihood.
- Statement by Mr.Valiry Voronetsky, Permanent Representative of Belarus to the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, in the OSCE Permanent Council, April 25, 2013(in Russian)
Statement on the behalf of the 27th anniversary of the Chernobyl NPP accident
- Statement by Mr.Valery Voronetsky, the Permanent Representative of the Republic of Belarus at the international organizations in Vienna, at the 22nd session of the Commission on crime prevention and criminal justice on April 25, 2013 in Vienna
- Statement by Belarus Delegation at the Session of the Preparatory Committee for the Review Conference within the Treaty on the Non-proliferation of Nuclear Weapons in Geneva