Requirements for business offers sent to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and diplomatic representations of the Republic of Belarus with a request for assistance in the promotion of products and services for export and searching foreign partners (potential buyers of Belarusian products)
1. Appeal of the company with a request for assistance in the promotion of products and services for export and searching foreign partners (potential buyers of Belarusian products) should be prepared in the form of commercial offer.
2. Commercial offer should be sent by e-mail with the possibility to correct the file.
3. Commercial offer should be prepared in Russian language (for the CIS country) and suitable foreign languages (for the non-CIS countries). In case of sending an offer to a country with a rare language, it should be made in English.
4. Commercial offer of the company should contain the following information about the product:
4.1. sphere of practical use of the product (economic sectors, specialization potential importers);
4.2. description of products (color image, trademark, detailed commodity code, article, specifications, name of the material, barcode, weight and size, quantity in package);
4.3. compliance with the requirements of international and European standards, international certification of quality;
4.4. feasibility of warranty and post-sale maintenance product abroad;
4.5. advantages in comparison with competing product;
4.6. base price, the basis of pricing (FOB, CIF, etc.), possible discounts, terms of delivery;
4.7. terms of delivery (minimum — maximum consignment, transportation, storage);
4.8. sale conditions (direct negotiations, tenders, sales through the stock exchange);
5. The offer should also contain information about the producer:
5.1. address of the company and contact details (phone, fax, email and website, names and positions of the contact persons ); (It is necessary to specify contact information of management and persons who can be contacted in foreign languages, as far as potential foreign partners are focused on making direct business contacts.)
5.2. brief information about the manufacturer, links to the website with a description of the products in a foreign language.
6. When a business company sends an offer with a request for assistance in the promotion of products and services for export and searching foreign partners (potential buyers of Belarusian products and services) in addition to the commercial offer it should provide information on the results of self-made marketing studies of foreign markets:
6.1. list of countries which are potential markets for products, as well as information about existing partners at these markets and experience of cooperation with them;
6.2. summary of the preliminary-marketing study (used sources of information, foreign partners with whom the offer was worked out, results of this work, reasons of rejection of the foreign partner to cooperate and other useful information);
6.3. competitive advantages of the Belarusian products that are offered in comparison with foreign prototypes.
7. It is also worthwhile to provide positive examples of cooperation on foreign market, information on contacts with main international partners and other information that could be useful for trade and economic services of diplomatic representations in promotion of exports of the company's products and services.
8. When supplying high-tech products it is useful to indicate where, this product is already being used. (In case of the request for assistance in products promoting in particular country or region.)
Commercial offer sample download here
Diplomatic representations of the Republic of Belarus do not accept for study commercial offers that do not meet these requirements.